Spring Cleaning, Web Style: Part One
It’s that time of year—the sun is out, the birds are singing, and it’s time to take on the dreaded task of cleaning out your inbox. It can seem like an insurmountable job, but cleaning out your emails, computer and website on a regular basis really is important. Not only will it help to keep things running smoothly, it may also improve your sanity (if you’re like me, and sometimes have over 1,000 emails in your inbox, waiting to be neatly filed).
Here are some tips and what you can do, and how to get the job done:
Cleaning Out Your Emails
- Start simple: empty your spam folder, and delete any old/unnecessary emails from any other folders where you archive messages.
- Go through your sent folder. What do you need to keep for your records, and what can you move to the trash?
- Pay close attention to emails with attachments, which take up extra space. Do you have a backup of the file, enabling you to delete your email?
- Do you store messages on webmail, but have the messages downloaded to your computer’s email program via POP3 or forwarded to another email address? If so, cleaning out the messages on the server frees up a lot of server space!
- Finally, clean out your trash after you’ve cleaned out your inbox, sent mail, etc.